Kirsten is a business lawyer with a primary focus in commercial transactions, securities law and offerings, and corporate finance. She routinely assists clients with business contracts, venture capital and private equity transactions, business structuring, joint ventures, and entity formation.
She represents clients in a broad range of transactions including the planning, structuring, negotiating, and completion of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and reorganizations. She drafts and negotiates commercial contracts, strategic and financial investments, registered direct securities offerings, follow-on public offerings, and Regulation D offerings.
Kirsten assists with securities law compliance, securities exchange (NYSE, NASDAQ, and OTC) compliance, corporate governance matters, and director fiduciary duties. Her industry experience spans manufacturing and distribution, hospitality, health care, medical device, REITs, private investment funds, and finance.
- Represented two publicly-traded real estate investment trusts (REITs) formed to acquire and operate a portfolio of global commercial real estate assets and real estate-related assets with a total of $3 billion in offerings.
- Advised a leading shared-ownership company in a $400 million senior note offering.
- Represented a senior housing developer in multiple bond offerings of over $6 million to develop various senior housing projects.
- Represented a public lighting solutions manufacturer in a $20 million secondary public offering.
- Represented purchasers and targets in acquisitions, divestitures, and leveraged buy-outs.
- Represented executives of public and private companies in sale transactions; negotiated employment agreements, equity compensation packages, and severance and transition agreements.
- Represented start-up and emerging-growth companies through formation, strategic development, and angel and venture capital financing.
- Represented issuers, selling stockholders, and underwriters in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities.
- Advised on and assisted public companies with SEC reporting, corporate governance, director fiduciary duties, and general securities and corporate matters.
- Advised several private equity companies in asset and stock purchases and related senior and mezzanine debt financings.
Community & Professional Involvement
Kirsten served as a member of the board of directors of the SPCA. She was a mentor for the Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers. She co-authored “Florida Secured Transactions Under Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code: Forms and Practice Manual,” Data Trace Publishing, 2010.
Educational & Professional Background
Kirsten graduated Summa Cum Laude from Capital University Law School, where she served as managing editor of the Capital University Law Review. Kirsten is a member of the Florida bar. Kirsten served as an adjunct professor at Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law for several years, where she taught secured transactions and commercial law. Kirsten was recognized as a Florida Rising Star by Florida Super Lawyers. Prior to joining the firm, Kirsten served as general counsel for a clinical late stage biopharmaceutical company. Prior to that, she worked at a large local law firm and two national law firms.